Thursday, October 9, 2014

Pre-Preschool Fun.

I have had the immense pleasure and pain looking into preschools for our young prince and I have to say, I have found some great contenders. The problem is most won't accept him halfway into the year when he turns three and the two year old programs are just not advanced enough for him.

I am blessed to be a stay at home and we are always up to arts and crafts, counting, abc's, shapes, colors and incorporating learning wherever I can fit it in. It  is really fun to be the one to teach your little one all the things they will need to know for preschool and kindergarten. But as a stay at home or maybe it is just me, I found myself feeling that I needed to do a little more. Maybe structure out the day differently. Cartoons in the mornings will always remain, mama needs time for tea or coffee before leaping into the day ahead. But what does one do to find super awesome homeschool pre-school teaching lessons??? they hop on pinterest of course!!

Mud Hut Mama has a great timeline for a 36 month preschool teaching plan that you can follow straight through or do what you like with it and get this, she is a stay at home mom raising two little girls in an African Wildlife Reserve. While I haven't gotten to read her whole page through we did the week one letter activities today and they were fantastic. Super engaging, cute, and pretty simple for me and my little guy to follow. Tomorrow we are doing the week one salt tray activities but with flour because I have an extra bag of bleached flour that we will never use. http://www.mudhutmama.com/

We did a math/counting activity today using some Thomas the train number flash cards and his prized lego duplos. which involved counting them out and matching them to the number card. He had an absolute blast and that is what matters most besides the learning aspects.

I have some play-doh letter and number activities and also Halloween activities being planned for the upcoming weeks that I can not wait to share, along with some kid friendly cooking recipes. The most rewarding thing in life to me is to be the one to be raising my child, and spending that one on one time watching him grow into a little man. I am ever changing and adapting to his needs as they evolve and to me that is true beauty and happiness in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment