Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What being a mom means to me

First off I would not be a mother if it was not for my son's father. He has given me the best gift anyone could ever receive and for that I will always be eternally grateful. I also have to thank him for giving me the second best gift in the world (in my opinion) which is the ability to be a stay at home mother for the past two years.

Being a mom means many things to many different moms out there, and as women we are often too harsh on others who choose to parent differently out of necessity or otherwise.

So here is my rundown of good motherly traits

Nutrition: whether you breast or bottle feed you are doing a great job.
whether you give your kids all organic, homemade, takeout, non organic anything, or just give                       them what they want so they are fed and can grow....you are doing a great job keep it up. If they                   are fed and growing and are happy it is a win-win.

Working or Staying home: Some moms stay home and it is a wonderful experience that I myself get to enjoy and I wish every mom that wanted that ability could be home with their precious children. Some women work because they have to and they are doing an amazing thing for their families, I commend you. Some women choose to work because they need the time out of the home, to do something for themselves, to provide cushion cash, to socialize with other adults, and I applaud you for knowing you need that time for yourself.

Mommies who know doing what is best by their child is the right thing, those who let their imaginations blossom and encourage play and fun. A woman who isn't afraid to look silly just to see their child happy. A woman who knows that they don't always come first after having a child and is never resentful towards them. Someone who knows the importance of taking care of ones self or they will be unable to care for another. One who will move mountains for their children. One who is first and foremost a  parent and friend last. Someone who makes an open safe environment for communication. Knows when and where to to use tough love and when you need to be more soft and gentle. A mother who lets their dreams flourish and never tells them a dream is too big or small. A woman who cares deeply enough about the father to never speak ill of them around the child or in a public setting no matter the circumstances, this is toxic to your child in my humble and quite possibly wrong opinion. Someone who makes their child self sufficient and unafraid to fly the nest when it's time.  A mom who knows the importance of patience even if we don't always have it.Which brings me to acknowledging flaws; no one mother is perfect, it is impossible to ever say that we are but knowing where we need to improve in life or actions we need to correct even if its just saying "I'm sorry" or "I was wrong" can do wonders for a person's life.

With all of my silly opinions being said I would love to wish all of the Mom's out there a most wonderful and happy Mother's Day. May it be filled with love, appreciation, and joy and that you are surrounded by loved ones. Keep up the great work Mamas !!

No comments:

Post a Comment