Sunday, January 17, 2016

I hate you, I never want to see you again and other things my son says to let me know I'm doing it right

I hate YOU
I never want to see you again
you're the meanest mama
you never let me
you always tell me no for that



Just a tiny list of things my kid has said on a semi regular basis that gives me that shoulder pat of a job well done.


My kid is 4 so if I say no to guzzling a pez dispenser for breakfast I am then the anti Christ.
It's all typical kid stuff that mom's have to say no to, bad food choices, too much tv, more toys especially when asked every time we go somewhere, mouthiness and disrespect, pushing bed time back.....the list goes on and on and on of things as parents we need to regulate.


I know he is mad when he stomps up the stairs screaming and telling me how terribly awful I am, and that is ok. We are both setting boundaries, and he has every right not to agree but he must take his howler monkey screeches elsewhere and he knows that.

The thing is I don't consider myself crazy strict for the most part it's all good in our hood, but the truth of the matter is I am raising a boy who someday will be a man, and it is my job and his dad's job to teach him the most valuable things he needs to go off on his own, and be a husband and a father someday.

So, my little dennis the menace stomp your tiny feet in your room because I garantee you someday you will thank us for these tiny life lessons we are giving you and godspeed when you have mini you's, they will test the living daylights out of you but they will also love you more than you'll ever know and you will love them unconditionally forever and a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment